The One. The Only. Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey Hepburn. She is my role model, fashion icon, and inspiration. Audrey Hepburn was an actress and performer well known for many roles, but also well known for her generosity. She shared everything she had, and was the picture of class, elegance, poise, and grace. She is still remembered today for her talent, class, and genuine heart. I aspire to one day be like her.

On that note, a lot of my style choices relate back to Audrey Hepburn. I describe part of my style as classic.  She is the inspiration for everything in that realm, including the pearls. ;) Therefore, I present to you the first of many, Audrey Hepburn inspired posts.



This outfit takes classic colors, black and white, and mixes them with a classic pattern, stripes. Not only is it a flattering dress, because of those reasons, but it's an outfit that can be worn for any occasion. From show after party to Sunday at church, you're set.

The first piece of the outfit I wanted to touch on was the accessories, minus the purse; that comes later. Notice how though this piece is not colorful, I kept the color on my face by adding a red lip. *Tip: When you're wearing black and white and decide to do a red lip, go all or nothing on the red. I've realized that next to black and white, a "kind of" red lip just looks like your lipstick is old. :) Don't be afraid to go bold.

Next notice the minimal pearl stud earrings and pearl studded head band. When wearing a classic outfit, such as this, I personally think pearls are a must. I chose to not wear a necklace with this outfit because I wanted to accentuate the dress' stellar neckline.Be creative in how you wear your pearls.


The striped clutch I'm sporting is a Kate Spade. I actually won it at prom! (Shout out to Devin). I put it with this outfit for obvious reasons...it matches. I also love the patent leather look that compliments the shoes. Shine leather, shine. Stay tuned for a future post where I explain how to get a bag that looks almost exactly like this for half the price.

This particular purse is no longer being sold, but buy a similar Kate Spade here. 

Next item... SHOES! These are some of my favorite shoes. They're fun, flirty, vintage, and from Modcloth. I love the patent leather here as well, and the adorable bows the laces tie into. These shoes are comfy and the perfect height for someone who doesn't like super high heels.  Unfortunately Modcloth no longer sells these shoes.
 And finally, the dress. I got this dress in New York at H&M. It has a fitted bodice, a super cool neckline, and it has pockets! It's one of my favorite dresses because it's fitted and flattering.

 The back is also adorable! The zipper goes up to about shoulder blade height, and then forms a cut out triangle. This adds shape to the dress, but the cut out is not so big to where it is no longer modest.
Buy a dress similar to this, and equally as cute here.


I hope you've enjoyed this post! Have an amazing day, and comment any questions below. :) 
FOLLOW @pigtailstopearls NOW ON INSTAGRAM


~Caroline
 

No comments