Friendship

Friends are so important. Sometimes I think to myself, "Oh I can keep busy, I don't need them that much," but wow, do I need my friends. Being a large extrovert as I am, people give me energy. What I've realized lately though, is that it has to be the right people to give me joy. The rush of meeting someone new is always fun, but the need for a friend that you can count on is definite.
I stay busy during the summer with dance classes, shows, and babysitting. This means I don't have the easiest schedule to work with. I'll call five friends on a Saturday night, because that's the only time I'm free...and they're busy, because of course, it's Saturday night. But they're all free during the day. It's all about time management, and being able to make sacrifices on both ends. 
I got stuck in a rut recently, it had been a good month since I'd seen any of my friends from school, and I was losing my mind. It's not like we hadn't tried to make plans, or they hadn't invited me to do things,it's just our schedules never worked around each other.
Yesterday I texted my friend Katie, and asked her if she wanted to hang out in the morning. I had something late in the evening, she had something late afternoon,so finally for once this summer our schedules clicked. We met, saw a movie, and had a really fun lunch. Man, it was refreshing! It's just what I needed. Like I said before, it takes the right friend to bring you joy. So choose your friends wisely folks, because you're going to need them!

No comments